While there’s absolutely nothing wrong with the humble (yet never disappointing) classic grilled cheese, sometimes it’s exciting to take things to the next level. This sandwich combines the melty goodness of a grilled cheese with the richness of a fried egg, the saltiness of ham, and the fluffy crunch of Tater Tots. And the best part about it? You probably already have all the ingredients in your fridge.
Loaded Croque Madame Grilled Cheese
Recipe by Sandy Ho
- Low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
- Tater Tots
- Fried Egg
- Optional: hot sauce and pickles
- Add crispy tater tots and slices of ham to a grilled cheese sandwich,
- crisp on griddle over medium low heat with a little butter.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until crispy and flip.
Add cheese on top of the sandwich and place under broiler for 30 seconds to melt,
- top with fried egg and serve immediately with hot sauce and/or pickles!