Regardless of your New Year’s resolution agenda, there’s nothing like a warming beverage on a winter night that doesn’t leave you with a hangover the next morning. Enter the Slow Burn from Ghia. It’s a mulled drink teeming with aromatics, spicy ginger, and a touch of honeyed sweetness. We can’t make any promises, but this hot beverage may whisk you away to visions of snow flurries behind frosted windows, a fireside in a rustic mountain cabin, or the experience of being wrapped in a cashmere blanket.
- 2 oz Ghia
- 8 oz water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp coriander and/or fennel seeds, whole
- Fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- Combine water and fresh ginger slices with coriander and/or fennel seeds in a saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a simmer and let steep for one hour, then strain.
- Add a lug of Ghia and honey to taste.
- Drink from a mug while it’s warm.